Author Topic: Config Server Proxy  (Read 7525 times)

Tony

Config Server Proxy
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
The documentation is pretty light on configuring CS Proxy, can someone tell me what Configuration Server clients have to be changed for this to be utilized? It doesn't tell you anywhere in the documentation what clients need to be changed.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Vic

Config Server Proxy
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hi, Tony,

I have played with proxy config server and to tell you the truth, I did not find anything in particular that we needed to change.

What are you having problems with?

Marked as best answer by on Today at 05:17:32 PM

Vic

Config Server Proxy
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Here are the settings for the config proxy as I have it. It should be working just fine:

[csproxy]
    encoding=UTF8
    [log]
    all=
    ./logs/CSProxy_Tokyo,stdout,stdout
    debug=
    expire=false
    segment=false
    standard=network
    trace=
    verbose=all

what is not working on your side?

Tony

Config Server Proxy
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Vic,

It says in the 6.5 Framework GS guide on pg.51 that the setup process involves "Modifying Configuration server clients accordingly" what does this mean? Also states on pg.52 "Identify the Configuration Server clients that should operate with a particular Configuration Server Proxy and change the command line arguments so that the host and port values are those of CS Proxy to which the client app should connect". Which client apps is it talking about and which ones have you done this with??

Thanks,
    Tony

Vic

Config Server Proxy
    « Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Hi, Tony,

what they are saying is simply:
    1. make sure that your clients connect to the right config server proxy. You do that by specifying the hostname and port of the config server proxy in your host port when you start up, for example, TServer.

Tony

Config Server Proxy
    « Reply #5 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    So pretty much every server (URS, TServer, StatServer, DBServer, Datasourcer, etc.) has to be changed in the command line arguments to point to CS Proxy host and port and not CS. Do you have to restart all the clients after making the change? Sounds like a dumb question, but just checking?

Tony

Config Server Proxy
    « Reply #6 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Also Vic,

What port# do you use for CS Proxy?