Author Topic: GPlus and Siebel  (Read 3783 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Vic

GPlus and Siebel
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Is anyone using GPlus for Siebel 7?
We are planning on using it and were wondering if someone out there was already using it. Please drop me a line if you can!

Jim

GPlus and Siebel
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
We are still in the configuration phase and we have G6 with Siebel 7.5.2. I can try and answer your questions.

Vic

GPlus and Siebel
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hi, Jim,

thank you for answering my post.

We are trying to put OCS at one of our clients using Siebel, and we were told that we need to use GPlus for Siebel 7. I have read documentation, and it talks about different components all doing different jobs, like Outbound Server Componenet, Configuration Component and so on.

I am a simple guy raised on bread, waiter and CME. Obviously, client is asking us to implement all the Genesys via Gplus. So, I checked that:
we can create agents in Siebel via GPlus
we can create agent groups in Siebel via GPlus
we can create campaign in Siebel Campaign via Gplus
we can assign calling lists to campaigns
can we assign agent group and/or place group to campaign via Siebel too?
can we assign routing point and virtual queues to agent group/place group via GPlus?
in other words, when should we be using Gplus, and when will we need to use Configuration Manager? What have you found so far?

Also, I am a little bit fuzzy about synchronization between CME and Siebel, Siebel and OCS.
For example, I know that I can export things INTO CME... I assume that I can also import things FROM CME. But is it done automatically, or do I have to manually call some function?

Can I add calling lists to campaigns via GPlus while campaigns are already running?

We are doing prototyping right now without Siebel (it will not be here for another 3 weeks), so I have to rely on the manuals, and what Genesys PS says. Unfortunately, Genesys PS is dancing around way too much, because chances are they will be asked only to do the actual implementation and not be part of discovery and design and so, they are not too eager about sharing their knowhow for free. (Since they charge about ten times what we charge, it is simply not feasible to have them to be part of the team even though I really would like to work with them ).

So, we are running tests after tests, trying to figure out what is working and how. It would be great to establish some contacts with other companies that are doing it...

How are you setting up your environment?

So,

Marked as best answer by on September 29, 2024, 10:19:34 AM

Jim

GPlus and Siebel
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • First off I need to mention that we still do our routing via a G3 switch. We do not use Genesys for routing (long story). So a lot of the questions I just don't know. As far as the GPlus goes the synchronization appears to be a one way street from Siebel to Genesys. If there is a way to take data from CME to Siebel I am not aware of it, we don't need to do it and I don't remember reading anything about it. Most of the work that we needed to do was on the Siebel side of things, launching certain smart scripts based on telephony events and attached data or call type, populating dashboard, etc... Nothing really too complex, we ran into a few problems, mostly on the Siebel side. I wish I could be of more help, Good Luck.