Author Topic: Call Concentrator End of Life Statement...  (Read 5331 times)

tony

Call Concentrator End of Life Statement...
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »
Hi everyone!  ;D

I am inherently lazy and can't be bothered to check with Genesys >:D - is there an end of support/end of life statement regarding CCON, yet?  If so - what are the details...?

I'm sure someone will know, off the top of their head and save me some leg-work...? :)

Thanks!

Tony

Offline Timur Karimov

Re: Call Concentrator End of Life Statement...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »
Tony,
i think the answer is very simple - CCON is not supported yet coz is not support multimedia interaction. And because support of multimedia interaction now is a mainstream of the all Genesys product their concentrate his power on ICON wich support multimedia.

Dark side of this things  - as opposed to CCON the ICON request additional paid for license =( But if u really don't need the feature from ICON you may still use latest CCON with out any restriction.

WBR Thaler

Marked as best answer by on Today at 04:53:39 PM

tony

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Thanks Timur,

I was trying to clarify this, rather than shroud it in more mystery... Sorry! lol  (I am aware of both the commercial implications and the (voice vs. interaction) operational/functional aspects of ICON vs. CCON)

Does anyone have a definitive statement from Genesys outlining the end of life/end of support for CCON?  I'm happy to go there and ask but I was hoping someone might have it available rather than me having to ask Genesys...

Thanks!

Tony

tony

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
    Sorry people  :-\

CCON latest Hot Fix (7.0.003.21) was produced at the end of March 09 - that means it will be a long while before any EoS/EoL statements are released by Genesys, since they are still building/fixing it...! lol

Tony

Offline ecki

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 07:22:22 PM »
    Hi Tony,

Well, the latest info I have is connected to GIM ver. 7.6. Apparently with releasing of this version, CCON has been put in to EOL with 3-4 years support window. But there is no official letter saying exactly that from today CCON is in EOL. So not sure anymore. But I think you can feel safe at least for next 3 years. ;)

Cheers,

e.