Author Topic: ANI based screen recording for Genesys Cloud  (Read 430 times)

Offline victor

• Administrator
ANI based screen recording for Genesys Cloud
« on: April 19, 2024, 06:47:28 AM »
Hi,

was anyone able to figure a way to start/stop screen recording for a particular agent based on a caller's ANI?

I only see policy-based recording as described here: [url=https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-recording-policy/]https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-recording-policy/[/url].

I was thinking if there is a way to perhaps implement it using API, but hitting a brick wall there as well.

Offline nonny

Re: ANI based screen recording for Genesys Cloud
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 07:02:58 AM »
Yeah unfortunately there's little you can do via the API around screen recording due to the whole "user context" thing.  I looked last year into a possible work around for the fact that internal calls aren't recorded but hit probably the same hurdle you have. 

There are some ideas floating around to improve the criteria available in the policies but as you will have discovered by now, if Genesys Cloud's ideas portal was always around we'd still be waiting for them to go GA for CCPlse ;)  One idea I had either raised or voted on was being able to trigger recording based on topic spotting.

Now I wonder if maybe a round about way of achieving what you want, is to have your flow setup to find that call.ani and then Transfer it to a specific queue - then have that queue in your policy?

Offline CTIGuy

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 03:48:09 PM »
My first approach would be to activate the voice recording based on the ANI from architect.
If you need to disable recording, I would think about doing it via the API, from Architect.

Offline CTIGuy

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 04:26:14 PM »
[quote author=nonny link=topic=12559.msg55655#msg55655 date=1713510178]
Yeah unfortunately there's little you can do via the API around screen recording due to the whole "user context" thing.  I looked last year into a possible work around for the fact that internal calls aren't recorded but hit probably the same hurdle you have. 

There are some ideas floating around to improve the criteria available in the policies but as you will have discovered by now, if Genesys Cloud's ideas portal was always around we'd still be waiting for them to go GA for CCPlse ;)  One idea I had either raised or voted on was being able to trigger recording based on topic spotting.

Now I wonder if maybe a round about way of achieving what you want, is to have your flow setup to find that call.ani and then Transfer it to a specific queue - then have that queue in your policy?
[/quote]

[i]eah unfortunately there's little you can do via the API around screen recording due to the whole "user context" thing[/i]
If you now the ConversationID, you could make anything. If the implicit token it's limited, use the client grant from you own secure API.

[i] I looked last year into a possible work around for the fact that internal calls aren't recorded but hit probably the same hurdle you have.  [/i]
This is a Licensed limitation. But the agent "internal call" could by recorded on demand.  I have CISCO phones being recorded..