Author Topic: CCA Analyzer Aggregation  (Read 5646 times)

Tony

CCA Analyzer Aggregation
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Does anyone have any recommendations for aggregation, it seems that we are taking a toll on our SQL server CPU by running large number of aggregation processes and not sure if anyone has any problem with this previously. Is it recommended to run your monthly, quarterly, and annual aggregation reports at a different time (weekend, off time, etc.)?

Vic

CCA Analyzer Aggregation
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Hi, Tony,

it all depends on what you are aggregating, how much of it you are aggregating and so on.

If you are using a time profile of less than 15 minutes then you are really asking for trouble I was stupid enough to do a 5 minute profile and had to abandon the idea after ETL would not quit after one day.

Aggregation really depends on how much data you have, and how much data you need to aggregate. You can specify the aggregation depth inside ETL process' .properties files or CME (I prefer properties).

How many layout do you have active? How many requests does your DMA show?

And is your ETL on the same machine as Datamart or not? If not, I would strongly urge you to place it on the same machine, because it is really doing a lot of data movement.

Also, you don't have ETL and DataSourcer on the same machine, do you?

Vic

CCA Analyzer Aggregation
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Hi, Tony,

it all depends on what you are aggregating, how much of it you are aggregating and so on.

If you are using a time profile of less than 15 minutes then you are really asking for trouble I was stupid enough to do a 5 minute profile and had to abandon the idea after ETL would not quit after one day.

Aggregation really depends on how much data you have, and how much data you need to aggregate. You can specify the aggregation depth inside ETL process' .properties files or CME (I prefer properties).

How many layout do you have active? How many requests does your DMA show?

And is your ETL on the same machine as Datamart or not? If not, I would strongly urge you to place it on the same machine, because it is really doing a lot of data movement.

Also, you don't have ETL and DataSourcer on the same machine, do you?

Tony

CCA Analyzer Aggregation
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Hi Vic,

Thanks for your response. To answer your questions, we are using a 15 minute profile and nothing shorter then that. I have 2 sites running about 32 layouts and 177,144 total requests for one site and 49,288 requests at another site. We are running ETL and Datasourcer on the same server, what issues would this cause? Also when you say ETL and Datamart on the same server, can you be more specific? Not sure because ETL is the Datamart, do you mean database instead of Datamart, sorry I am not a reporting guru if the question sounds odd.

Vic

CCA Analyzer Aggregation
    « Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Ok, the first source of your problem is having ETL and DataSourcer on the same machine. Genesys specifically states that it should be on two separate machines.

170,000 requests is probably another reason, but there is probably nothing you can do about it. Just make sure that your ETL and DATAMART DB is on the same machine:)

We are now readying for 300,000 requests site and I am scared.

Wyn Owen

CCA Analyzer Aggregation
    « Reply #5 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • If you want to save alot of load on your system, why not find out if you really need 15 minute aggregation periods most people don't. If it is acceptable set the collection period to 30 mins et voila, problem solved.

Pavel

Grzegorz Ostrowski

CCA Analyzer Aggregation
    « Reply #6 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Hi Tony,
    In fact ETL is not a database but the process (standing for Extract Transform Load). In Genesys world ETL is usually understand as ETL RunTime's set of processes. The aim of those processes is to take data out of ODS database, transform to more readible form and then aggregate. The output is put into DataMart database.

Coming back to your aggregation need you can start with asking question when and what data will be analyzed? Sometimes data are analyzed only once a week with historical reports (in this case why to force Genesys to do aggregation more often?). The secong thing coming from the answer of this question can be Pavel's suggestion (maybe 30 minutes intervals are enough).

Grzegorz