Author Topic: Genesys beginner how to...  (Read 5348 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

ptllogic

Genesys beginner how to...
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
hi
i am having background of IVR on dialogic (using low level drivers vc++ , E1 etc.), proprietory CTI. how do i begin with genesys CTI? where to get study material?

thanks
ptllogic

Vic

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Ok, what you need to do is get your hands on Genesys Developer reference manual. Since Genesys works closely with Intel on Dialogic card support and you are doing development for Dialogic boards, if you do not have access to Genesys documentation already, you should ask either Genesys representative that you have a contact with, or write to Genesys directly and ask for it.

Of course, you can also ask here (not for the manuals but for the help getting everything connected).

You need to know the basic Genesys architecture and TLibrary if you want to write something for IVR. What exactly are you trying to write?

Vic

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Ok, what you need to do is get your hands on Genesys Developer reference manual. Since Genesys works closely with Intel on Dialogic card support and you are doing development for Dialogic boards, if you do not have access to Genesys documentation already, you should ask either Genesys representative that you have a contact with, or write to Genesys directly and ask for it.

Of course, you can also ask here (not for the manuals but for the help getting everything connected).

You need to know the basic Genesys architecture and TLibrary if you want to write something for IVR. What exactly are you trying to write?

ptllogic

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
thanks vic for immediate reply, i want info on interaction routing, strategy building. any reference manuals available on net?
thanks again

ptllogic

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
another thing what i want to know is this : for IVR genesys has option of Telera server. But what is the solution if one does not want outsourced IVR box, but own proprietory one. I guess Telera option is something outsourced. correct me if i am wrong.
thanks in advance

JG

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hi,

wow... you are in for a lot of reading then. Genesys is never happy about giving out manuals to people who are not part of their network. What you should do is get a Genesys VAR to send you the manuals...

Out of curiosity why are you trying to learn about Genesys? Are you building a call center or trying to develop something for Genesys?

Marked as best answer by on Today at 02:18:22 PM

ptllogic

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • hi,
    i just want to support a setup where genesys5.1 is deployed and working. do u know any VAR who can send me manuals?
    thanks in advance