Author Topic: call blending in G6.5  (Read 3951 times)

Vic

call blending in G6.5
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hi, guys,

I am a little bit new when it comes to calllending, so I was wondering if someone has already implemented a calllending solution on their site.

I am especially interested in learning what can and cannot be done using calllending. How does URS and OCS work together on identifying a particular agent as either outbound or inbound?

Also, in preview mode, does the actual call start from OCS or agent?

Thanks,
Vic

Superglide

call blending in G6.5
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • I'll lurk on this thread, as our business reps are also looking down the path of implementing call blending. We have the inbound solution (well nearly! about to roll out into a 200 seat pilot next weeK) but already they are looking at replacing an old Davox dialler system with Genesys. Could be more interesting times ahead I suspect.

Graeme

Vic

call blending in G6.5
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Well, I am working on the outbound/inbound design right now, and to tell you the truth, I AM CONFUSED.

It is really easy to implement skillased routing for inbound, and outbound based on agent groups. But how do I mix it together.
    Since Genesys OCs is not seeing skills, what do I do when my agent changes skills? Do I have to move him from one agent group to another?
    Do I have to create agent groups for every skill?
    How does OCS know which skill agent is using right now?

Here is what Genesys is saying about call blending with URS:

When using URS to distribute calls you are no longer restricted to having all agents having to field both calls. Calls are distributed off a route point rather than the ACD so you control call distribution by a URS strategy which allows you much more freedom. You can create a strategy that, depending on the call type (inbound or outbound), can either divert the call to your inbound agents or your outbound agents. The agent groups can overlap such that some outbound agents may be in your inbound group as well. You can also reserve agents for inbound calls only by defining some agents only in the inbound group. In addition you can use the strategy to potential apply music or announcement treatments for inbound agents while silence treatments can be applied for calls waiting for your outbound agents.

OK!!! This is great, BUT, what if I have more than one campaign running at the same time and I want agent to switch between campaigns, changing skill would only affect URS routing Campaign 1 would still see the agent and think that it is available, when in fact agent was already moved to handle the second campaign. The only way I can fix it is by moving agent from campaign 1 agent group to campaign 2 agent group. But then, what is the point of using skill?

Obviously, I am doing something wrong here.
    Can someone please please please help me?
    Thanks,
    Vic

double

call blending in G6.5
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Hi,

What exactly do you want to do? Would you like to allow the agents to switch from one campaign to another? Or would you like, that the agents will handle outbound calls from both campaigns in the same time. For the second case I can advise you to install second OCS, because you know, the OCS allow you to start only one Campaign for the same Agent Group. With two OCS you can start two campaigns for the same Agent Group. Of course this solution is not very clear. You have to be carefully by setting of dialing parameters, because both OCS are working with the same statistics values. That's mean, if there are 5 agents free and both OCS are runing Campaign in mode progresive dialing with 100% target value, each OCS will send reqest to CPD server to dial cca 5 calls (together 10 calls).