Author Topic: Disabling REFER method for incoming calls for the T-Server SIP  (Read 6327 times)

Offline smile

Disabling REFER method for incoming calls for the T-Server SIP
« on: October 17, 2009, 07:59:19 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm the beginner in Genesys platform, so can't found answer in 'sip server deployment guide'. I have T-Server SIP (7.6) connected to PSTN via 3rd party softswitch. The problem is that this softswitch doesn't support 'REFER' method. Outgoing calls works fine, because the option 'refer-enabled=false' in DN trunk (which is choosing by dialling prefix) in section 'TServer' exists.
But, when incoming call arrives to routing point, there is nothing exactly DN which points out to this trunk. This result in to using 'REFER' method by T-Server when agent transfer calls to another user. Please, advise me how to disable 'REFER' method globaly for all connections or how to exactly points out the connected softswitch via trunk DN for T-Server for incoming calls?

Thank you, all!

Offline Timur Karimov

Re: Disabling REFER method for incoming calls for the T-Server SIP
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:03:31 PM »
You may use exactly the same options on agent extension DN - "refer-enabled=false"

Offline smile

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 07:31:15 AM »
unfortunately, on agent DN this option in this case wasn't takes effect  :(
additionally, i've tried to use this option on routing point, which process incoming call and i receive the same result.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:46:48 AM by smile »

Offline victor

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 03:40:44 PM »
This options works, since we are using SIP T/S 7.6.xxxx version. You can both specify it in SIP Server and in your DN on whether or not you wants RE-INVITE or REFER.

Offline smile

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 02:26:23 PM »
[b]victor[/b], this option has been successfully applied for one-step transfer case after i've upgrade T-Server from 7.6.000.40 to 7.6.000.62 version.
As for specifying this option for application itself - this variant still not clearly documented.

Thanks a lot for all answers, problem solved.

Offline gbeltre

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »
I have a softswitch which i am sending sip server an Invite to (DN:ERP), when routing is determined (Genesys) sip server hands the call back to softswitch because the pbx is directly connected to it but generates a new INVITE rather than a REFER message this causes the softswitch to view the call as a new call creating a new call id. I have set the refer-enable parameter to true in all places possible and still cannot get sip server to send a REFER message. I have an SR opened with Genesys but they keep asking for logs and config file and looks like they can't figure it out.

Offline Dionysis

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 05:06:14 AM »
gbeltre, can you post your options for the trunk and extension DNs you have configured?

We'll also need to know exactly which version of SIP Server you are using.

:)

Offline René

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 08:33:15 AM »
Hi gbeltre,

I can image several reasons (wrong configuration, softswitch doesn't support REFER, different interface used on softswitch etc.) why SIP Server doesn't use REFER when returning call to softswitch and it's impossible to say what is wrong without having SIP Server logs. That's the reason why Genesys Support is asking for them...

R.

Offline smile

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 06:09:44 AM »
gbeltre, it seems to wrong configuration of softswitch. when it receives an invite which is related to existing call, this new invite mustn't be processed as a new call... Nevertheless, i think this situation exists while genesys can't confront [u]incoming[/u] call to trunk DN. As mentioned Dionysis, please define more exactly how you tied your softswitch and genesys.