Author Topic: Historical Reporting Tables & Fields  (Read 7190 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Tang

Historical Reporting Tables & Fields
« on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi all,

Can any body pl. explain how to identify the tables in ODS Database for design of CTI Historical Reporting. Tell me how you create,stats, templates and layouts in DMA. Is it the tables and fields are created based on Templates.Am really not understanding which fields to choose from which tables for any report. I would like to know the tables and fields then I can design customized  Brio CTI CCA reports.  Really appreciate the help. Requesting for comprehensive explanation. Am novice of DMA and tables.

best Regards

KS LIM

Grzegorz Ostrowski

Historical Reporting Tables
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
I would recommend to choose one of the predefined template/layout and to see how it is transformed into report. To do that you need

1) DMA to see templates and layot. You can also see tables in ODS where those data are stored

2) ETL Assistant  you can see there to which tables (in DataMart) data are taken and aggregated (you will usually connect with report to DataMart not ODS)

3) Brio to see how data from tables you can determine in 2) are organized into report

Documentation would also be worth to study (from version 6.5 is quite good in terms of reporting).

Vic

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi, Tang!

before you start with customizing, you should get acquainted with the normal CCA. Follow up on Gregorz advice first.

Then, what you do is:

1. use ETL assistant to figure out what table is what

2. use RGA Assistant to start playing with the reports

I would strongly advise against doing customization without understanding the basics, because chances are your stats would not make much sense...

I know it is not what you have been looking for, but otherwise it would take me about two hours of writing to tell you how to get things done. If you know what you want to do, drop me an email and I will see if I can help you.

Cheers,

Vic

Tang

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Thank Vic & Grzegorz. I just started working in this reports area now. There are some sample brio reports provided by the solution specific. Can I follow these reports also for knowing fields and tables details.

Anyhow I would be in touch with you for seeking more help.

Thanks once again

Vic

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Good luck, and if you get stuck, just give me a howler, ok? :)

By the way, am I the only one who finds Genesys templates a bit too primitive and not really welldesigned? (not to mention that some of the field names are cut off or have strange characters in them?)

Grzegorz Ostrowski

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Vic,

I think you are not the only one. I am interested in how often standard Genesys templates are enough (no custom reports and statistics defined)? What is your experience on that?

Grzegorz

Wyn Owen

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi Vic,

You're not the only one to think the canned reports are abit heavyhanded. My beef is that alot of bespoke reports I have come across are just modified versions of the Genesys supplied reports  so they're even more cumbersome! When required, I now write the reports from scratch which is just as quick but a lot lighter on the processing required (and alot prettier to boot).

Rgds,

Pavel

Tang

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
In the document it is said that ODS is a temporary data storage center and datamart is a final database for reporting. Do we create any ODS database while installing reports or we create only one Datamart database.

Meaning ODS database is required to create in database or not while reports installation.

ecki

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi Tang,

The ODS database is created via datasourcer by first start. You can have as many datasourcers(ODS) as you wish. You have to afterwrads define the conection to each ODS via ETL Assistant, you know. Only then will the ETL Runtime start with tranfering the chunks from each ODS to one DM. Of course there must be defined some Layout Templates in ODS. This Layouts you will also see in ETL assistant. If you chose one layout in ETLA and expand it, you will see the tree of aggregation level for that layout. If you browse thru each level, you will find in the right window not only the time information of transfered chunks but also the  names of tables which belong to that aggregation level ... You have to check which table which data contains. I am sorry, i have forgotten it.

I hope it helps you.

Tang

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Hi Ecki

Thanks for your input, I would like to know details as mentioned.

When I install historical reporting and run the Datasource at first time , ODS Database is not created itself.

You have told we can see the templates in ODS, I can not see any templates in ODS except at DMA.

I want to know ODS is a database or any Genesys application.

Looking forward for advice

Marked as best answer by on Today at 03:18:58 PM

ecki

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Hi,

Well, i was not precise. The ODS (its Operation Database Storage) will be not created automaticaly, only the tables will be created by datasourcer. The tablespace must be created manualy before.

Of course you can see the templates only with DMA. But if you see some templates in DMA, it means the ODS and their tables are successful created.

ODS is a databese (tablespace).