Author Topic: Genesys References  (Read 2862 times)

Patrick

Genesys References
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
I am looking for references on Genesys 6.5 connecting to a Nortel. I will take good or bad. I would prefer to talk on the phone, but please post any experiences you may feel are relevant.

ED

Genesys References
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Genesys works fine on a Nortel. You do lose some Nortel specific features (Service Observe etc) but if you design with the limitations in mind you can build a fully functional center. Nortel SCCS loses functionality against Genesys because of it's weak API and poor Server Software Design. If you are just doing routing ( single center), and reporting then SCCS will work. If you want screen pop or custom functionality Genesys is a better solution.

DF

Genesys References
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Hi Patrick,

TServer will work just fine for you to perform pop up screen. But Interaction Router will not be able to route calls to In Calls Key on your Meridian1 telephone set. This causes serious limitations for inbound operations, once you loose traditional ACD functionalities.

Another topic are reports. Once Nortel limits integration to its PBX, events are presented in such a way that distorts results on reports.

We bought everything in our call center 2 years ago, and we had to decline the use of the ERS, VTO, CCAnalyzer, etc.

I am available to provide you more details, if you need.

Regards