Author Topic: Java email statistics CCPulse  (Read 9228 times)

Offline Vincent

Java email statistics CCPulse
« on: October 05, 2009, 02:45:40 PM »
Our supplier has implemented a routing strategy for email where all mails are put into virtual queues for specific agent groups based on the email address the mail was sent to. So within these queues it's possible to see how many emails have entered, are waiting and what the longest waiting email is. Problem however is that of course there's a limit configured on the amount of emails in URS and the total amount of mails waiting is bigger than this number. So every couple of hours mails are moved from URS back to the database and others are loaded. Because of this the statistics that can be seen in CCPulse are not correct (only shows the mail in URS and not the total).
Scripts have been implemented and with the java extensions we can see the total amount of mails in the strategy that routes to the agents. Only issue with this is that it shows the total workload (total number of mails in queue, how many are waiting and how many are in processing) for all email adresses. It's not possible to add a filter to the java statistics to be able to see the workload on each agent group based on specific attached data. I've been searching for a way to be able to see the total amount of mails for each agent group (so not only the ones in URS), but have not been able to find a solution for this. I've looked at GAD, but the interaction queues don't seem to have any options to be able to see the total amount either.

Any way to do this in realtime? If not, how can this be seen by running a historical report?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:49:14 PM by Vincent »

Offline ecki

Re: Java email statistics CCPulse
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 11:24:31 PM »
Hi Vincent,

Do you have Infomart? You can build Query views and get this stats from Infomart r_interaction_fact tables.
It is not really real time, as you will get updates every 15 minutes or 30 depends how often GIM ETL process is running, but for the email it is almost real time :)

E.

Offline YevgeniyP

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:08:40 AM »
Ask Genesys about Multimedia Reporting ToolKit. Package available for PS and partners. There are special StatServer extensions there for getting filtered statistics about interaction queue or tenant. This approach is limited in terms  of performance, but if you need just 50 stats once in 15 min it will work fine.
Another approach is to have dedicated queue per email address, but difficult to use if you have many addresses.

Offline ecki

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 04:28:40 AM »
Oh.. I missed this. Quite long post and I have not read it through thoroughly, so I thought you are using java statistics. My bad. In this case Yevgeniy is right. Except that these extensions should be included with Stat Server installation package and should be installed automatically with Stat Server. If you would need sample templates and statistics then you would have to ask for this Multimedia Reporting Toolkit. But you can build them by your self using doco.

e.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 04:31:31 AM by ecki »

Offline Vincent

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 06:00:57 AM »
[quote author=ecki link=topic=4743.msg21220#msg21220 date=1254803320]
Oh.. I missed this. Quite long post and I have not read it through thoroughly, so I thought you are using java statistics. My bad. In this case Yevgeniy is right. Except that these extensions should be included with Stat Server installation package and should be installed automatically with Stat Server. If you would need sample templates and statistics then you would have to ask for this Multimedia Reporting Toolkit. But you can build them by your self using doco.

e.
[/quote]

I'll check if we can get this toolkit.

Which documentation would this be in order to build them myself?

As for having a dedicated queue for each email adress, this is not possible as there are various routing strategies and queues for these routing strategies, so changing that would also mean a complete rebuild of the strategies.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:05:09 AM by Vincent »

Offline YevgeniyP

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 06:03:05 AM »
Automatically installed only extensions for non-filtered statistics (filtered by media type only). If you need to know something like  how many emails in queue X received from "gold" customers about "new account", you need extension from reporting toolkit.
Toolkit has its own documentation.

Offline Vincent

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 06:06:17 AM »
[quote author=YevgeniyP link=topic=4743.msg21237#msg21237 date=1254895385]
Automatically installed only extensions for non-filtered statistics (filtered by media type only). If you need to know something like  how many emails in queue X received from "gold" customers about "new account", you need extension from reporting toolkit.
[/quote]

Thanks, i'll search the Genesys site for some more information.

Offline Vincent

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:30:36 AM »
The Genesys site has only one document which mentions the toolkit, but no documentation. Guess i have to wait for the response from Genesys.

Offline ecki

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
[quote author=YevgeniyP link=topic=4743.msg21237#msg21237 date=1254895385]
[/quote]

Hmmm... that is new for me as well. Will check it. Thanks Yevgeniy!

Offline ecki

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:46 AM »
Yevgeniy,

Are you sure about this? Cause, this feature supposed to be available from release 8.0.1

E.

Offline YevgeniyP

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »
The feature is available starting from 7.6.1 and improved in 8.0. Toolkit is not a sellable item and because of that not necessary presented for public. The following extensions available in RTK
• BPR_DB_Extension
• BPR_GB_Extension
• BPR_SL_Extension
• BPR_WB_Extension

YP

Offline Fra

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:26 PM »
That sounds otally new to me, but interesting.
Thanks Yevgeniy

Fra