Author Topic: Importing Config Data  (Read 3844 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

sid

Importing Config Data
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
I need to migrate configuration data from one config database (6.0) to another config database (6.5)

I am looking for an easy way to export/import configuration for PERSONS, GROUPS, PLACES from the old database to the new database.

Old database is oracle 8i, new is oracle 9i. Databases are sitting in different hosts. We are in the process to replace everything, including hardware in our infrastructure, but I don't want to go (if I can avoid it) through the creation of agents logins again.

Any ideas?

Paulo

Importing Config Data
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hi Sid,
do you know Winbatch? Whenever I have to imput a list of something in Genesys I use it.
First you create a list of objects you want to imput, and then you write the code in winbatch (its language is very simple). Actually Winbatch send commands to windows on your desktop, like CTRL+C and CTRL+V, TAB, etc. Follows bellow a simple example that I used to import DNs from a unnamed notepad file containing all the DNs:
; After Winbatch installation, you have to select the Edit POPMENU.MNW command on Popup menu in traybar and type the two lines below at the end of the file loaded:
; _User Application
; run("c:\temp\winbat.wbt","")
; Salvar e conferir se existe o comando User Application no menu.
; In order to run the code you must save the file as c:\temp\wintbat.wbt, and then to select the User Application command in the POP menu of the icon in traybar.

WinActivate("Untitled Notepad")
SendKey ("^{HOME}")
SendKey ("+{END}")
SendKey ("^C")
SendKey ("{RIGHT}")
WinActivate("Configuration Manager default default, Server 10.24.16.72 v. 6.1.000.06 on port 2020")
SendKey ("{ALT}FND")
SendKey ("^V")
SendKey ("{TAB}")
SendKey ("EE")
SendKey ("{ENTER}")

Count = 1
While Count < 2 ;number of objects to imput

WinActivate("Untitled Notepad")
SendKey ("+{END}")
SendKey ("^C")
SendKey ("{RIGHT}")
WinActivate("Configuration Manager default default, Server 10.24.16.72 v. 6.1.000.06 on port 2020")
SendKey ("{ALT}FND")
SendKey ("^V")
SendKey ("{TAB}")
SendKey ("EE")
SendKey ("{ENTER}")
TimeDelay (1)

Count = Count + 1
EndWhile

Anyway, it usually works for me. Let me know if you find out an official way to do this.

dbm

Importing Config Data
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Just exprt the database using the genesys wizards import then run the 6.5 upgrade script

Marked as best answer by on September 06, 2024, 03:47:41 AM

joe

Importing Config Data
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • If your new database is empty right now. You can use the conversion wizzard to export and import after having run the DB init and config_local script. No license needed