Author Topic: Replacing DNIS  (Read 3546 times)

Kevin

Replacing DNIS
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to replace DNIS on a call, via a strategy, in a Symposium environment?
I'm trying to create a strategy that will permit a tester to enter the DNIS they want to test, then have the strategy route the tester to our IVR and pass the "entered" DNIS, so they can test DNISspecific functionality within the IVR.

I've tried to fiddle with the SetDNIS and the TRoute (with the RouteTypeOverwriteDNIS), but no luck so far...

Vic

Replacing DNIS
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • I tried using SetDNIS in URS, and could not get DNIS to change too! I tried it on both Nortel and G3 and had the same result. Is it a bug, or am I doing something really wrong?

Have you asked Genesys about it? Could you post what they said, because I would like to get it working as well. Thanks!
    Vic

Kevin

Replacing DNIS
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • The response I got from Tech Support was:
    "You cannot override the DNIS in an interaction sent to the IVR.  What you would need to do would be to make routing decisions based off of a piece of attached data and then have the strategy/URS pass that as data to the IVR."

When I asked if this not possible because it is a limitation with the PBX (Nortel), the CTI Link (Symposium), or it is just not supported within TServer?, the response was:
    "Switch will not allow it, Tserver does not support it."

Note that this is for a Symposium environment. I cannot comment on other environments.