Author Topic: OCS calllist with duplicate phone numbers  (Read 5096 times)

Vic

OCS calllist with duplicate phone numbers
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Guys,

I need help with a callist list:

I have the same number more than once listed in a call list.
From what I know so far, you cannot import it into OCS. But what if your customer is working in a huge company?! Let's say we are calling Johnson and Robrtson, both of whom are listed to work at ACME Consulting, 5551212? How can I get it to work?
HELP!

Ritchie

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Add another number to the end of one of the phone numbers. Not a pretty solution but it will let you import it and dial it. :)

Z

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • or use comma(s) between digits of number lot of variants become available

Vic

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • But am I the only one who thinks that it is strange?
    I am sure that there are a lot of business out there who are experiencing the same problem as we are, right?

Z

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • I got the idea about benefits from this. If you call several persons on same phone#, it may be hard to count dials to particular person. With extra chars in number you got unique pair Person/phone# to make such analysis ;)

Vic

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Ok, so, I should be adding commas and spaces? Wow... it IS bad.

One thing I was thinking is adding a unique threedigit number to the beginning of each number, and then setting up TServer to strip it before sending it to PBX. This way, it should work. Of course, we still have the reporting dilemma.

Help, somebody, help!

Dave

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • I think the uniqueness is across the Phone/PhoneType combination, so try same phone number, different types. I don't know if there is a restriction on number of valid phone types.

Vic

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Well,

this would be a major problem let's say you are a loan company and you have Mr. Anderson and Mr. Johnson both working at the same company... This way, your number and type should be both identical, right? Or what if there are more than one family member who MCI would want to contact during their dinner to discuss the great value of their MCI long distance plan? :)