Author Topic: OCS 6.5 Call Classification (G3)  (Read 4635 times)

Marc

OCS 6.5 Call Classification (G3)
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
I am currently implementing an Outbound 6.5 solution at a customer site which currently has a Lucent G3R (r6) switch with a standard 8port call classifier card.

The outbound system itself works ok apart from odd results with answering machine detection. Basically, it detects about 50% of the people who actually do answer the call as Answering Machine which means those 50% of our test customers are actually being dropped.

Is there something we can optimize on the Definity and has anyone else encountered this problem and managed to resolve it?

Am I completely corrent in thinking that all I need is OSC/OCM on top of the usual Framework/ERS ie. no SDialler or CPD Server needed with the G3+Call Classifier? I remember somewhere in SDialler 5.x that there was an option you could specify that would allow SDialler to do some level of callprogress detection or am I thinking of a 5.1 installation with Dialogic hardware?

Marked as best answer by on Today at 09:22:42 AM

Marc

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • I should add that the results are inconsistent we've run some tests with lists of about 20 records and only got 3 or 4 answers from that so it's my belief that Call Classification is not working as it should.

gauthier

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Marc,
    I've seen this problem quite a few times with the Call Classifier cards that apparently are difficult to configure, you should contact your switch configurator and set up lists with numbers on which you know the outcome. For example set up a list calling only Answering machines, another with only faxes, same for busy and so on. Then have the PBX people go through the fine tunning of the call classifier cards based on those calling lists. Thats the best way I found to work things out. Good luck.

Tony

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    You may also wish to consider the provider for the distant end. In the same way as one dial tone is different to another, so are the initial answer tones. This can force the dialler to misconstrue real calls with ansafone calls. Perhaps you need to configure your country settings to include specific line proivders?

I do hope this helps?

avtar cheema

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    You are correct. With the Avaya G3r, you have internal cards, "Call Classifier". As a result you do not need any dialogic boards, nor CPD Server as this is only needed where you use dialogic boards.

The Avaya G3r is designed to detect the difference between human voice and answering machine (AM). this is done through the detection of frequencies and spikes. AMs are usually detected, by the fact that there will be a delay when the call is answered. If your customers do not answer within say 2 seconds thismay be detected as an AM. I believe there is an option at the Pbx which states how long you should wait before determining whether the call has been put forward to a humna or an AM.

Call me if you need. Tel 07766 104 661.

rgds
    AC