Author Topic: URS/Message Server issue  (Read 3548 times)

Tony

URS/Message Server issue
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
We have been seeing an issue where Message Server drops connection to URS and we see 1000 type error messages "Unable to allocate distribution descriptor" and it appears that message server doesn't function properly. I restart Message Server and then see disconnects to URS in SCI and then after a couple hours start seeing 1000 type error messages and the disconnects stop.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? We are running Message Server (6.5.000.28) and URS (6.5.107.00)

Marked as best answer by on August 26, 2024, 04:40:33 AM

James

URS/Message Server issue
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • looks like this issue is being addressed in urs version 6.5.110.15

Is still in hot fix status, we are awaiting the general release for this as well

Tony

URS/Message Server issue
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Yeah looks like we may have to wait for 7.0 release for resolution. I also think that running a seperate message just for URS and IRD could assist with the overload of messages for the one message server we have running.

Kevin

URS/Message Server issue
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Just an update (since I work w/ Tony...)

We were able to resolve our remote URS "crashing" by implementing a second message server/ log db server pair at the remote location to handle all remote apps except URS. Things have _really_ cleared up.

Of course, I understand from Tony that we were not able to have the URSs (local and remote) and IRD directed to different message servers... It would be interesting to know why, but I'll put it on my "research list"...