Author Topic: Questions about WFM with Symposium  (Read 4389 times)

Paulo

Questions about WFM with Symposium
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hi folks,
Presently in my contact center I route the calls through Nortel Symposium Call Center Server 4' scripts, and I have TServer 6.1 connected to it. All the Contact Center objects (DNs and agents) are set in Configuration Manager.
I've been looking up in Genesys documentation and Tech Support site, details about the WFM Data Import utility, and I found in the WFM help file some information regarding the historical statistics I can import into Data Aggregator.

QUESTIONS:

1 Are the fields "date", "time interval" and "call volume" the only fields to be set on the import file?

2 How can I associate the imported volumes to the different services I offer in my Contact Center (Customer service, Sales, Collections, Directory Assistance, etc)? Can I import (at once) one file with all volumes, having a column describing the service? Or I have to import one file for each service I have, for instance, to import one file with the Sales volume, another file containing the Customer Service volume, and so on?
These services have different traffic, and I want to run forecasts for each service separetely, and not based on the whole Contact Center traffic.

3 Is it possible to import historical data for different group of agents (skillsets)?

4 Can I automate the importing process or it must be done manually?

Genesys products and operating environment:

Product Version Operating System & Release
======= ======= ==========================
TServer 6.1.0 HPUX B.11.11 U 9000/800
Workforce Manager (WFM) 6.1.0 NT Server 4

Telephony Environment:
Nortel Meridian 1 Option 81C, Release 25
Nortel Symposium Call Center Server 4.0
Thanks,
Paulo

Thirupathi reddy P(Thiru)

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
You pl tell me from which location you will get call volume import file. I used a manually created file with three columns "Date, 15 min timeinterval and callvolume" for a period of 1 month to get automated forecasting for any desired one month. I hope you need not use multiskilled data in dataimporter. Currently am also facing same sort of issue with WFM.

Rgds
THIRU

Marked as best answer by on September 24, 2024, 02:04:23 PM

Paulo

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Hi THIRU,
    we've been operating with Symposium (SCCS) for 3.5 years and all the call traffic history is in SCCS db. As I explained, we use SCCS to route the calls, that is made by many scripts regarding from which service the caller dialed.
    For example, we have a Sales service, so I'd like to import the volume related to Sales service only. It's a different AHT, call volume, etc. The same happens to all other services (Customer Service service, Collections, AntiAttrition...). Each service has its own averages. So I wish I coud import different values for each service/group. This was, the forecast would be more accurate for each service, and not a value for the whole Call Center.

Thanks,
    Paulo

Todd Cotharin

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    You can create a second file that includes date time and Handle time for each activity separately, but they must be imported independently. Each distinct data stream also has to be imported independently as well, when you run the wizard it asks you which activity you want to associate the data with.

This can not be automated, but really you should have automatic data collection through data aggregator talking to statserver, so there really shouldn't be a need to import the calls on a regular basis. This is usually just done during install.