Author Topic: outbound ANI  (Read 4741 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

GuMP

outbound ANI
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
I have a question about routing calls from the customers who were contacted via OCS.

We are thinking about using OCS and the problem is that the outbound and inbound activities are to be handled by different sections. When we are placing a call, if a callee has a caller id, the number left is the number used by our outbound section and not inbound. Is there a way to leave the number for our inbound section instead of the outbound section? Or is there a way to let different campaigns use different trunks (like campaign 1 is dialing out through a particular number, and campaign 2 is dialing from a totally different number?)

Matthew

outbound ANI
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Yes this is possible, you need to use access codes and configure them in the switch for different trunks (as you mentioned).

Only the access codes need to become part of the phone number dump into OCS so all the campaings for campaign dialout on a particular trunk group.

Example to dial for campaing a to number 2125551212 with 78 being tunk group for that campaing (check you sitch docs 78 is just an example an dficticious number)

Vic

outbound ANI
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
That's an interesting idea! I was thinking about suggesting to Gump a similar thing, but then I realized that it would mean that we need to change all the numbers in the calling list. Also, how do you make sure that you do not try to place two calls on the same trunk? (I don't think you can have two calls on the same trunk at the same time, right?)

I wonder if there is a way to assign access codes per campaign... or calllist... It just seems to be a really necessary thing to me!

Marked as best answer by on Today at 01:07:26 PM

Matthew

outbound ANI
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Trunk - actually Trunk Group ... On a PBX this could be a group of 24, 48, 96 ports (usually more than 24).

So in essence you would push the calls into a trunk group that would use a particular caller id,

As part of the compliance issue in the U.S. there is a lot of discussion regarding variable caller I.D. methods.

I will check with engineering for other methods

Matthew

mth@genesyslab.com
    "my opinions only"