Author Topic: outbound with URS  (Read 3466 times)

Vic

outbound with URS
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hi, guys,

I want to check something with everyone here.

I am designing a new outbound call center right now, where SV's load is supposed to be set to the barest minimum, so the usual moving agents from one outbound agent group to another would simply not be accepted.

I was thinking about having agents decide on their own which campaign they want to login and just have campaigns running at full blast from morning till night. Without any agents in the campaign, even an active campaign would not dial, so there is no need to worry about setting the start/end times for any campaigns or sequencing them in any particular order.

To accomplish this, I am thinking about doing the following:
have one agent group assigned per campaign
have all agents assigned to all possible campaigns via agent group memberships
to overcome agent shown as available in all of its groups when he logs in, create a virtual agent group PER each original agent group with LoggedIn('original queue') which would be named as original agent group + VAG
have all campaigns forward the calls to a routing point
use URS strategy to lookup an agent group from a campaign_id attachdata key, append "VAG" to its end, and use it in the Target object.

With this design, there will be no need to move agents from group to group: we will have an ability to blend inbound and outbound calls.
Now, what are some of the disadvantages that you might envision with such a design?
Thanks,
Vic

Marked as best answer by on September 03, 2024, 01:20:29 PM

froGGy

outbound with URS
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • You have to be careful with your statserver release version: make sure that you use version 6.5.102.16 or above, because virtual agent groups are not rolled up after having an agent added to it. This will result in your agent not been seen by URS despite having been logged into the queue.

Other than that, you should be just fine.

Ritchie

outbound with URS
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    I have to disagree we had to downgrade from 6510216, because Virtual Agent Groups did not work properly when changing between them. It would not take you out of your previous group, thus you would be in 2 groups. This error is even in G7 statserver. DOH!

They are working on fixes now.

Vic

outbound with URS
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Ritchie,

what version does it work on?

Ritchie

outbound with URS
    « Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    We are running version 6510207 at the moment Vic.