Author Topic: Can't get Brio to report in cyclic manner!  (Read 4158 times)

Tony Tillyer

Can't get Brio to report in cyclic manner!
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
I'm guessing I missed something on the CCA Course but...

When I set up a Brio query for, say, an Agent's stats and I want to send the results via Broadcast Server, to produce an Excel document from my Agent HOURLY Query only (not the whole .oce file), Brio send out the formatted report but returns the same day (6th May 2003), every day!

I'm currenly looking at the Agent HOUR level query and I can't figure out how I put in the parameters to ensure that each new day contains the figures for yesterday.

Obviously, this is the main reason for broadcasting reports in a job cycle but, like I said, I must have drifted away when this was mentioned on the course (nothing new there!)

Any help appreciated constructive criticisms also happily taken on board!

TIA

Tony

Katherine

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • You need to modify the filters on the report so that they use system date and not the one provided in EIS.

Tony Tillyer

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Kathertin,

OK the date the query section is using to filter on is (allegedly) the Query Date. There is no System Date in the table to pick from. I'm guessing it's something I can addin, into the criteria? There is a section for SQL, so I'm also guessing that I can put my details in there?

You don't have any example script, do you? (fawn, fawn, grovel, grovel...)

TIA

John Doe

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • When you set up the report in BCS you can set the Job Detail |Action|Custom Value for the limit as yesterday, today, first of the month etc.

Tony Tillyer

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Thanks for all of your input. The solution is not that easy, but it contains a computed item to work out the date.

I'm up to speed now, thanks!