Author Topic: Limitation on Number of Objects CCPulse can handle??  (Read 5369 times)

Offline mmiah

Limitation on Number of Objects CCPulse can handle??
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:30:53 PM »
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a limitation on CCPulse in the number of objects in a workspace it can handle before it comes crashing down? or if there is any tips in order to optimize a workspace with a large number of objects?

The issue I'm having is when trying to create/view to view an Agent group say consisting of 400 agents, and then applying 3-4 thresholds/actions per agent (hide those logged out, turn the ones in ready green, etc..), CCPulse comes crashing down, the CPU of my PC goes through the roof and I end up having to kill my session.

I've tried a few things but to no avail, Hiding logged out agents in the object view pane, using the CurrentStateEnable option to false. But still my CCPulse session grinds to a halt, I'm thinking it is purely down to the number of objects I have, viewing a much smaller rainge say 100 agents seems to be fine.

I need an overall few which has 400 agents with a number of thresholds/actions set for each. Is this possible or is there no workaround?

Cheers

Mo

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: Limitation on Number of Objects CCPulse can handle??
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:40 PM »
No limit from CCPulse side but from hardware, memory and processor updates will be a must when monitoring such numbers.

Offline Scottyjohn

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:50:46 AM »
Hi,
I think there is a limitation per view of 1000 objects can be displayed.  So if you have an agent group with 5000 agents, you have to split them into separate more manageable views, although all the views can exist in the same workspace.
Cavagnaro, is right though in that the more agents you monitor and apply thresholds to, the more local processing and memory is needed.  Usually Team Leader in the Contact Centre would only be monitoring selected queues and agents, so a normal PC would suffice, but anyone looking at the big picture, i.e. resourcing analysts, would need a heavily specced machine to handle the additional local processing.
Its also key to note that although your machine will stress during the startup and opening of a big workspace, it should settle down after it loads up.  It just needs a bit of time to settle.

Offline Adam G.

• Still Gorgeous.......
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 10:06:10 AM »
In addition to the previously mentioned hardware specs you should look at the config server (proxy config server) load.

Pavel

Offline mark

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
Hi Mo :D

I've generally found that 2000 stats being the maximum that I would like to see updating at a decent interval.

The biggest issue with slowness and crashing comes when you add lots of filters, eg 'hide' or colours on stat changes.

Any filter actions are all processed locally, so the more you have the worse the performance!

Another thing to consider if you are on VOIP is the speed between the phone and the PC itself. We have noticed that some phones are configured differently to others and this impacts performance.

Mark

tony

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 11:43:46 AM »
Monir! :)

I also seem to remember a memory leak within CCP, linked to a particular Anti-Virus software - I'm sketchy on the details but there is a thread here somewhere...

HTH?

Tony

Offline René

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 03:45:09 PM »
Hi,

You can find more details about CCPulse+ performance in "Reporting 7.5 Reference Manual", chapter "Performance Measurements / CCPulse+ Performance".

R.

Offline mmiah

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 01:07:01 PM »
Thanks for your help guys, will now attempt a bout of testing of various speced machines to see how things handle!

Cheers

tony

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 01:20:34 PM »
Memory leak info...

http://www.sggu.com/smf/index.php/topic,2285.0.html

T