Author Topic: access to CM & OCM  (Read 9927 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

mahesh

access to CM & OCM
« on: September 19, 2009, 06:42:57 AM »
Hi,
        Can anybody tell me the procedure how to create a user with limited permissions to access configuration Manager & OCM.

i.e., an AM of a respective campaing should only view his own campaign,filter and calling list....... and no other

Offline Steve

Re: access to CM & OCM
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:24:16 AM »
OK I don't know how you have laid out your CME so I will say in basic terms how to limit access to CME. (OCM would be similar).

1. Create an access group for the users that need CME access
2. At the configuration level grant the read permission to your access group. Ensure the Replicate option is NOT selected at ANY step.
3. At the Environment and Resources levels REMOVE the read permission from your access group, ensure propagate is selected.
4. At the Environment level grant the read permission to your access group, ensure propagate is NOT selected.
5. Repeat step 4 at each folder until you get to your "default" application. Probably just "Applications" but you may have other levels.
6. Grant Read and Execute to the access group on the "default" object.
7. Grant Read to the access group on the Hosts Folder, ensure propagate is selected.

This wil give the users in the access group permission to start CME, but no permission to see any objects other than hosts.

You will need to go down the resources tree setting read (no propagate) on each folder, resources - persons etc.
I would normally allow the permission to propagate at the final folder level, but I would split persons into sites and then into agent and supervisor folders.

Once again ensure the Replicate option is NOT selected at ANY step, and be very careful if this is a live environment, try on a model first!

mahesh

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »
Hi.. I have made the permissions as mentioned... only a particular campaign group as RH accesss and rest no access..

After doing so... I got the error message as attached... I think somewhere I should mention the access......

Marked as best answer by on October 07, 2024, 06:17:35 AM

Offline catanirex

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 11:50:25 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Does your user belong to an access group with RX permissions on the default application (Configuration Manager)?

Offline Steve

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »
    Make sure that the access group has read permissions on the persons folder that contains the users in the group.
    You can also grant read on the access group to the access group.

mahesh

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 07:31:41 AM »
    Thankx steve,...

I have given the read permission to the access group I have created... and now I am able to login with the permitted id....

Thanks to alll ........... :)

Offline victor

• Administrator
    « Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 06:28:11 PM »
    Hi,

for future reference,

can you please post the screen shot of the permission settings for this user?

I am sure I will run into it in a week or two...

mahesh

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 09:18:51 AM »
    Oops...

I made it but I didnot... Though I have created the users .. they are not limited. The user can access the security settings and is able to change the person settings...
    How can I limit these...

Find the screen shot...........

Offline ecki

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 09:37:01 AM »
    Hi,

Are you sure? Have you actually tried to change any setting with this user?

e.

Offline Steve

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »
    Ecki is right, it might allow the user to change the option, but does it allow them to save the change?

mahesh

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »
    Hi.. I tired to change the password of an agent created with admin user and it got changed and even am able to delete the ID even.

I have given the read access to the LimitedAccess group... but I cant understand y these advanced options are reflecting in the particular ID ..

Offline ecki

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
    Can you run the dependency for this agent and post here the screen-shot?

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
    « Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »
    Be sure that the user only belongs to the new Security Group and not to another group like Users for example

mahesh

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 03:53:24 AM »
    Here is the screenshot .. how I have given the access to the Cards user..... dependency screenshot is also attached...

Offline ecki

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 04:52:45 AM »
    Could you please attach them again? I could not find them anywhere.

Cheers.

E.