Author Topic: CCpulse reporting difference with switch reporting  (Read 4796 times)

Offline jingoi

CCpulse reporting difference with switch reporting
« on: August 25, 2009, 03:16:32 AM »
Hi All

In ccpulse Total agents received call is shown less than with Avaya BCMS reporting tool...it is about 5 to 7

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: CCpulse reporting difference with switch reporting
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:27:09 AM »
Maybe some reason that Genesys loose connectivity and control of the calls? Overflows maybe?

Offline ecki

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:34:33 AM »
Hey,

:) or maybe different formula used by Genesys and Switch, different resource where this statistic is calculated in Genesys and Switch... heaps, heaps reasons.
You would need to post the definition of the stats you are trying to compare from both resources Genesys as well as from Switch.

e.

Offline jingoi

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 05:56:53 AM »
thanks for reply...so what is the solution of that ..is there any way to match the stats

tony

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 12:35:22 PM »
These are very very very old problems...

Providing reports on statistics depends on the definition of the Statistic, the definition of the Subject (Object), the aggregation rules for the volumes and the absolute timings for the period being reported.

Comparing statistics depends on the parameters which are set out, above.  The more systems you have to compare, the more factors will need to be a part of your solution.  Even the Genesys reporting components can conflict, depending on the parameters set on them!

Rather than go down the path of asking why they do not match, I would suggest that you decide on a level of tolerance between systems and stick to it.  A good rule of thumb is to accept a variance of +/- 3% in the volumes.

This being the case, your 5 to 7 ratio is way outside a 3% tolerance, so I would suggest that you look at the defintions;
[b]
Objects [/b] - are the definitions of Agents the same in both systems?  By definiton, is one reliant on a LOGIN or ACD Position, whilst the other measures a Persons' statistics?  Could that Person have logged on to another ACD Position...?
[b]Stat Definitions [/b] - "Received Calls" seems a little generic.  Do you mean Answered?  Is the definition of the Stat the same for both systems?
[b]Aggregations[/b] - are both reports showing Daily, Hourly, etc. volumes or are they TOTALS being compared?  Are you comparing Daily with Daily, Hourly with Hourly, etc. - or are they different aggregations?
[b]Time Periods[/b] - Is the time period the same?  Where a time period begins or ends, how are "Received Calls" accounted for - is a call that ends in the period counted within that period or is it attributed to the previous period?

That should give you some food for thought... :)

Tony

tony

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 08:01:26 AM »
Did this help..?

T

Offline jingoi

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 02:38:11 AM »
Actually the aggreagation level set in switch side is 30 mins and in ccpulse we have 15,hourly and so on..
However switch level report in ccpulse and Avaya show same.
But if we extract report agent wise and match with avaya report with the same agent ..few agents have call difference ..means ccpulse show more calls than avaya report ..
Is that possible to to set aggreagtion level in 30 mins so i match with the same ....

tony

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
Another thread I missed - sorry!

There will be some overlaps - what I mean is, if you are looking at 15 mins in CCP, it is possible that an interaction is accounted for in a different way than 30 mins on the Avaya...  There are rules on when an interaction is accounted for - I am not clear how this might be done on the Avaya but, generally, an Interaction is accounted for as it connects to a Target and not after the interaction has ended.

Even if you match Avaya and CCPulse+ with each 30 minutes, they may still show different values, depending on how the interaction is reported (at what stage of it's lifecycle - on connect, on disconnect, etc...)

I hope this helps...?

T
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:41:52 AM by Tony Tillyer »