Author Topic: Avaya SIP working with Genesys?  (Read 5517 times)

Offline mharper

Avaya SIP working with Genesys?
« on: July 01, 2009, 01:19:36 PM »
We are planning on upgrading our current AVAYA S8700 PBXs with CM2.1 to the latest release of CM5.2 and adding some VOIP capacity for remote agents. I would like to know if anyone has successfully setup the AVAYA SIP to work with the regular Genesys TServer? I would also like to know if anyone has successfully utilized the AVAYA SIP server as the Gateway for the Genesys SIP Server. We currently have some H323 voip capacity on the PBX, these H323 stations appear to the Genesys TServer exactly the same as a TDM station. However we would like to take advantage of SIP trunking and expand our remote workforce and change to SIP. I have been talking to our PBX vendor and Genesys and the consensus from them seems to be that the think it will work, but don't know of anyone that has actually done it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Offline spikeinin

Re: Avaya SIP working with Genesys?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »
Is their anyone has successfully setup the AVAYA SIP to work with the regular Genesys TServer?

Offline agergec

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:52:41 AM »
Hi spikeinin,

I and a Avaya ACA colleague did it with Avaya SES server just for testing purposes. Calls from Avaya IP phones were successfully passed to Genesys and vice versa.
The setup was as below,

Avaya CM (don't remember the version but at least 4.0) <---> Avaya SES <---> Genesys SIP Server v8.0.xxx

Basically you need to modify the
1- Dialing plan on CM
2- Need to add Media Server Address Maps for matching the DNs, IP addresses and/or domain. Then decide to pass which side. It is similar to dialing plan
3- Create a trunk object at Genesys SIP Server, add tserver to Annex, and fill it with contact (including Avaya SES server IP address) and prefix (the prefix to dial out) options.

Best Regards
Gokalp

Offline Seb Reeve

• Sabio Limited
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »

...Though you need to note that DLG does not work with SIP handsets registered to Avaya SES as stations. So you do have to use SIP Server if you want SIP endpoints...