Author Topic: Which tool is responsible for Presentation name value?  (Read 5515 times)

Offline kip1

Which tool is responsible for Presentation name value?
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »
Hi all, we have Genesys Environment 7.2 and third party tool for extracting stats - Hyperion Brio 6.5 . "Presentation name" value in Brio is same as "Presentation name" column in "o_187_obj_dim" and "o_7_obj_dim". The question is which Genesys app is responsible for modifying this values?

Offline victor

• Administrator
Re: Which tool is responsible for Presentation name value?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »
I do not even know what Presentation Name even is! Anyone?

tony

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:24:57 PM »
Okay...

A Layout in DMA is where you would define the Presentation Names of the Objects for inclusion in the data being presented to the Datamart, which is accessed via the Brio Enterprise Server components - these are a series of Brio referential Tables which are usually co-resident with your Datamart Tables, in the same Schema/Database.

The [i]Presentation [/i] Name (in Brio Enterprise Server) is associated with the [i]Object [/i] Name from within Genesys.  The DMA Layout is also where you would define the [i]Object [/i] [b]Type [/b] (Agent, Agent Group, Route Point, Queue, Group of Queues, etc.).

So - the [i]Presentation [/i] Name is a representation of the [i]Object [/i] Name, defined in the DMA Layout in Genesys CCA.  DMA gets it's [i]Object [/i] Names (AgentID, QueueNames, etc.) from the Config Database, which is populated via the CME GUI.

The CME GUI is used by Genesys Administators to populate the actual names of these [i]Objects [/i] such as Agent Names, Queue Names, Groups of Queues, etc.

Hope this helps...?

T

Offline kip1

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »
10x Tony (again :)), I`ve just couldn`t find where in Data modelling assistant this values should be set, so i`ve decide that I am missing something, but I`ll countinue digging.

The force wiil be with you.....always

Offline René

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:50:47 PM »
Kip1,

This time I cannot agree with Tony as it isn't possible to modify presentation name using DMA. Presentation name is based on object's name or other properties stored in Genesys configuration. DataSourcer and ETL use these to fill the attribute PRESENTATION_NAME in ODS and DataMart.

R.

tony

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »
?

I pointed out that the (Brio) Presentation Name is derived from the (DMA) Object Name, which is "fed" by the ODS, which is set via naming conventions in the CME Application...

?

T

Offline René

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 07:14:46 AM »
Hi Tony,

Maybe it's my English as I'm not native speaker but you wrote "[i]A Layout in DMA is where you would define the Presentation Names of the Objects[/i]". I'm pretty sure kip1 did understand it in the same way as me = it's possible to define presentation names in DMA.

R.

tony

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »
Rene,

It was my fault - I was trying to put everything down in text, when I should have drawn a pretty picture.... :-/

For clarity;

Presentation Name in Hyperion/Brio = Object Name from Genesys CME

:)

T

Offline kip1

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 11:47:54 PM »
Just a sec, I`ve got confused ??? ::). In my case through Config Manager, the object name which is a routing point can not be modified :'( and the initial name can be set, but is not populated in Brio as same as in CME. That is why I`ve decided that the tool [b]only[/b] for modifying could be DMA? (The cause of each problem is always in the device which stands behind the keyboard). ;D

The force wiil be with you.....always
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:53:56 PM by kip1 »

Offline ecki

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »
Hi,

You definitely cannot use DMA to change object names. What you can do is to change in CME the alias of any DN.

e.

Offline kip1

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »
"[i]You definitely cannot use DMA to change object names. What you can do is to change in CME the alias of any DN.[/i]" - But this Alias is not populated properly. However, upgrade of DB and Stat srv was recommended.  :)