Author Topic: IWS Pop up view to create interaction  (Read 1561 times)

Offline merve.ugursac

IWS Pop up view to create interaction
« on: January 05, 2023, 08:46:54 AM »
Hello expert friends,

There is a need for displaying a popup view -which has a button on it- on the right-bottom part of the screen once in every few minutes, and when/if agent clicks on this views button I need to create an interaction view as if a call exists. As long as agent delays clicking new popup views should keep being displayed, each being able to create a call with new interaction view.

I have no idea how and couldn't find anything on developer book. Can anyone please direct me to a direction at least?
Thanks in advance.

Offline cavagnaro

• Administrator
Re: IWS Pop up view to create interaction
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 09:41:11 AM »
You say...popup view...ok, that is common C# window dialog? or a button will popup on WDE? Any way, it is just C#, that part sounds doable.
Now you say, create an "interaction view as if a call exists"...interaction of what exactly? Voice? You can call contacts using Team Communicator bar, or what does this "view" would look like? A dial panel? If so you need to develop it all. As there is no call, there is no data to present. Unless you say something like an outbound preview call, however, here at least a predefined phone number exists as well as possible user data from the calling list.
Your dev idea is kinda confusing and saturating the agent view with massive ammount of objects doesn't sound healthy. What is the purpose of this?

Offline merve.ugursac

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 10:46:59 AM »
Yes, I tried alertevent but AlertHandler is handleded as soon as the alert is displayed or else it would be enough.
So I need to popoup a window on the right bottom for agent to click (I would have phonenumber, dialId etc at this point), the purpose is to display appointment calls on time, so that agent can make an outbound voice call on the exact appointment time.

This may sometimes mean the stack of views on top each other waiting to be called, but anyways its what asked for.

Offline hsujdik

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 12:18:33 PM »
This actually sounds a lot like a "Push Preview" campaign functionality. Not sure if it is exactly what you need, and it consumes Outbound seats license. Maybe take a look at it first?

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/8.5.1/Help/Outbound_Push_Preview_Calls#Outbound_Interaction_Preview

Take a look on the video of "Semi-automatic record retrieval" in this page:
https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/GC/v852/Agent/Outbound

(the functionality is pretty similar on WDE and IWS)

Offline merve.ugursac

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 01:59:52 PM »
Hello hsujdik,

Thank you for the reply!
Indeed this seems pretty close to what I seek, but the ob seat consumption would be bad.

As I dig deeper I found out the thing I want is to createe a toaster mesage popup. Show agent some data and then catch agents click on "Accept" button. Is it possible?

(I will get data from an API and display it on toaster popup, and when agent "Accept"s, I will create a new interaction window for agent to call when ready)

[img]https://i.ibb.co/VpcnM1x/1.png[/img]
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 06:08:03 AM by merve.ugursac »