Author Topic: CCA agent reports per 'skill'  (Read 4875 times)

Ritchie

CCA agent reports per 'skill'
« on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
At the moment we do all our reporting using CMS (Avaya).  We want to move to CCA, as we wish to change all our Routing to use URS.  Unfortunately, we can't seem to figure out a sensible way of reporting per agent per skill  (or anything else per agent).  We don't use Brio by the way.

Example...suppose you want to calculate Aux Number1 with Not Ready Time.  Set up a filter with Aux1 and attach it to NotReadyTime in a layout and your sorted.  But then another client comes in and wants something you'd never thought of  Aux2.  So off you go and create another layout with both Aux1 and Aux2 columns in it, and delete your original layout.  

But wait, all the column names have changed, and now we have to change all our extracts to get the info from different tables.

Now take this scenario and multiply it by 100, because we will get new requests for new kinds of filters all the time.

So, an agent has 2 skills.  How do you separate number of calls that agent took per skill, without using filters?

If someone can suggest a solution that works I'll kiss them!!!

Marked as best answer by on June 26, 2024, 01:04:28 AM

JG

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Per skill reporting ... We are doing it right now :)

What bothers me is what do you mean you are not using Brio? How are you looking at the reports generated by CCA?

There are several ways that you can do it. The simplest one is to use AUX set to attachdata generated by URS. You can specify the skill selected in postouting, attach it to the call, and filter on that. Before releasing the call, set AUX to the skill, and you should be fine.

If your client wants to filter on several AUX codes, just combine the value into a skill and a subskill for the attach data  this way you do not have to change the template :)

Ritchie

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
    ok  I lied, I'm not going to kiss you!  But I will be grateful :)

JG, I'm not sure I follow what you mean.  My thought was to attach the skill used to a variable so that no matter what new skill was used, it would always be attached  then just report on the variable in CCA.  Haven not figured out quite how to do the reporting the variable bit though.

Is this the kind of thing you mean?

Vic

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
    Ok, let me see if I got it straight. You have a skill name attached to the call and you want to filter on it.

You are always having new skills attached and it is hard to maintain.

Well, here is the way Genesys suggests you do it (at least I think it does based on what I have read and did so far):

1. have only one attach data parameter to carry the name of the skill.

2. have URS attach the name of the skill to it.

3. create a filter in CCA for each skill and a stat using it.

4. create a custom view for each skill value

5. create a union of those views.

6. create a custom brio report to show it

If you are going to add another skill value to it later, what you will need to do is create a new filter for that skill (and stat). Then you will need ot create a new view for it and add it to the the union view.

And this is it...

Not really easy but this is the only way I can imagine...

Grzegorz Ostrowski

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
    In Vic's solution you still have to use filters but you can forget changing layouts all the time. If you are not very happy with defining view for each new skill you can think of predefining reasonable number of "dummy" filters which can be used later on.

Then you can prepare set of scripts

1) script generated needed views described in Vic's solution

2) script switching on required number of skills with number of skills as a parameter (it would create mentioned union)

which would do for you all thing required for view creation at the beginning (1) and all things need to be done when new skill is used (2).

So with this solution if the new skill is to be used you need only  run one script.

Ritchie

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
    Hi guys, thanks for your thoughts.

Remember though, we are not using Brio at all.  We are extracting all the data and using Business Objects to show reports.

Our best solution so far is to do what Grzegorz suggested and use a whole lot of 'Generic' filters and assign them to what we want them to be later on down the line.  This would stop us having to keep creating new views and layouts etc.  

Still messy though, and not nearly as good as reporting on a Variable that could be any skill.  Just don't think it's possible.