Author Topic: VTO ports  (Read 5903 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Louisa

VTO ports
« on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
We currently use the routing strategies to pass queueing calls between the PBX and VTO server (via 8 VTO ports) to play waiting messages (messages) and PBX (music).

We have a issue that IRD monitoring will show 4 calls queued and VTS will show 7 out of 8 ports in use.. Calling the VTO ports one by one will eventually unlock the port. The users are complaining that instead of hearing the welcome message they should are going straight to music.

Anyone else have any experience of these problems and any advice.

We use Genesy 6.5, Meridian link and symposium switch.

Thanks in advance...

dbm

VTO ports
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
We occasionally have this when for what ever reason lose Our symposium link. It is due to the fact that the statserver does not see the release of the VTO and calling it puts statserver back in the correct state, what does it show in the VTO server itself. The other problem could be that you ar enot seeing the on hook properly. Are your ports set up on the switch properly

Louisa

VTO ports
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
I have been monitoring these ports today via CCPulse and have managed to establish a pattern.

Following the completion of playing the messages the ports seems to go in an OffHook status for 60 seconds and then resets back to WaitForNextCall.....

Any thoughts..

Louisa

VTO ports
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Fixed... read through the VTS .pdf and found a config option for TransferTimeout which is set to 60 seconds as default.

Added an entry for this under the General tab and set it to 5 seconds... sorted!

dbm

VTO ports
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
Cool as long as you got it sorted, just watch out if ever you lose your sympossium a lot of the calls will end stuck on VTO. Pulse will show them as been on calls. When symposium is back then just ring the individual ports to clear them,

Louisa

VTO ports
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
I would like to do a snap shot of how many ports are available each hour on the hour.

If have a Place Group called VTO_Ports which contains all the place.

In DMA I have defined a filter Total_WaitForNextCall which I have setup with catergory TotalNumberInTimeRange. I am now struggling with the snap shot bit... i.e. defining the time profile / ranges.

Can anyone advise me if I am on the right track.. if so where do I go from here, if not can you guide me down the right track please.

Marked as best answer by on July 01, 2024, 04:59:50 PM

Vic

VTO ports
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • I am a little bit confused. Why would shortenning offhook timeout fix the problem?

Louisa

VTO ports
    « Reply #7 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »
    Our calls are passed to VTO for the various messages and back to the switch for music. The caller will originally get a welcome message before being routed to an agent and if no agents availble passed to listen to music. Calls were being passed direct to music as ports were not available to pass the call to play the music..

The reason the ports were not available when no calls were queueing I found out when monitoring the ports on CCPulse.. I found when the calls were passed to VTO, once the VTO port had dealt with the call the port was going into an "OffHook" state for 60 seconds.. the default according to the documentation. This meant that quite often VTO lines were not available. Reducing this "OffHook" state means the ports are freed up more quickly and are availble for routing calls for messages.

All I am stuck on now is how to do hourly snapshots of available VTO ports...