Author Topic: TServer Statserver disconnection, Softphone  (Read 3944 times)

joel

TServer Statserver disconnection, Softphone
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hello,

We have implemented a softphone with the VBasic SDK. The problem is that when the statserver disconnects from the TServer because of our poor network connection, the softphone doesn't notice it. The agent changes for instance from ready to not ready. Then it is in the Not ready status but the statserver says it is ready so the agent gets a call even if he is not ready.
We cannot improve the network. Genesys suggested to systematically resend all events every 10 seconds which I find not good. What I would like is that the softphone shouldn't allow a status change if the TServer is disconnected from the Statserver. But how can I get the softphone to be aware of this disconnection. Setting a connection from the Softphone to the Statserver in the configuration of the softphone application doesn't help.
Anybody has an idea ????

Marked as best answer by on Today at 02:18:41 PM

sid

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Actually is not TServer disconnecting from statserver, is statserver disconnecting from TServer.

There is not an easy way to do this, and in fact, the best solution is fix the network, or install TServer and statserver in the same server. If that is not possible, you can use (assuming your are in 6.5) SCS to issue an alarm any time that the host where statserver resides disconnect. (I assume that due network problems the lca in statserver will disconnect also, reporting the server as down)

Then you can use a custom script to send a notification to agent desktops. Keep in mind this will make the network just worse, because you are increasing traffic.

A little bit easier solution is having the desktop application pinging statserver box before send the change_state request to TServer.

Be aware that any of this solutions just take care of the change_state requests initiated by the agent from the Softphone. If agent changes states using hardphone, or the PBX forces a change in agent state, still statserver will be out of sync.

Bottom line: Whatever you do IMHO, will be a waste of time and money until you fix your network. If high traffic is a concern you can use some sort of QoS to guarantee delivery of packet from and to statserver ON TIME.

Rick

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    The real solution here is to make sure that TServer and StatServer are running on the same server. I'd also recommend that URS run on that server. The only way to avoid network instability is to avoid using the network as much as possible, especially for these critical components.

vic

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Joel,

statserver is only used for routing if you are relying on URS to deliver the call to your agent. Here is the what I would do:

1. fix network or place a statserver on the machine where network delay would not give you a headache.
    2. if you cannot do it right away, you might as well forget using URS' skillased routing or any other kind that would rely on the stats from statserver. I would let PBX take over the routing until stat server problem ca be fixed.

3. get another statserver that just watches YOUR DNs. (if you are in a multisite or multi enant environment) and place it locally.

Having softphone ping stat server is silly... what are you going to do between the pinging times? what if statserver goes down then? having stat server down for 5 seconds in a 200+ seat call center would be catastrophic.

it would cost you over 1000$ to develop it and even more to install it, so don't complicate your life.

Why can't you have a statserver locally or have a better network? If your statserver gets disconnected what prevents your softphones from being disconnected as well?