Author Topic: Database wizard in IRD  (Read 5930 times)

Chelsia

Database wizard in IRD
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Hi,

I am trying to retrieve multiple output values from a SQL table using a stored procedure, but failed to have the wizard assign the retrieved values correctly. The logfile after the URS runs shows the procedure produce a string: "1,4,5,1,6", but I found the assignment I specified didn't work. first item is assigned "1", but 2nd items and others are also assigned as "1". The comma within the string also doesn't seem to have any effect even though I had specified comma is the userdefined delimiter. Pls help, thanks.

Chelsia

ecki

Database wizard in IRD
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Hi Chelsia,

You are right, the parse function inside of object for communication with stored procedure, doesn't work properly. Or at least I didn't found the correct way how to use this function. I suggest to use other function for parse your output. Save the result to variable and try to use functions like (StrAsciBreak, StrAsciTok). There is also second way how to solve this problem. You should to change the form of your stored procedure output string to typical genesys list form( Key1:value1|key2:value2|key3....) where the "key" means the name of variable and try to use list parse functions inside DB wizard or standard IRD functions for list manipulation.

Chelsia

Database wizard in IRD
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Thanks ecki,

Genesys confirmed my 6.1 version has such problem. Thanks for your solution, but before your solution came in, I had worked around the problem by using interaction data with the same stored procedure. I defined about 5 interaction data, then assign each of the stored procedure (select *) output into the interaction data.

cheers

Vic

Database wizard in IRD
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Best Answer
  • Yeah, it is a bug we have had since 6.1. What I was able to do is Key1:value1|key2:value2|key3 and dump it directly to the variables and start from there.