Author Topic: Music in VTO  (Read 3904 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Steve P

Music in VTO
« on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
Can you use music in VTO by importing wav files? I have tried to do this and it returns invalid.

DBM

Music in VTO
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
It is possible, we found it easier to use one of the many shareware utilities out there to convert it to VOX then it imports ok. Just be careful at what recording rates you set.

Kevin

Music in VTO
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
I would recommend converting to VOX as well. The benefit of using VOX is that you can start playing "hold music" in VTO, Interrupt it, then use the Return action to return to the place where the VOX file was interrupted. According to Tech Support, this behavior is not supported using WAV files.

In doing this, I have chained together 45 audio files and been able to "traverse" them, in the (rare) case that a caller is required to remain on hold past threshold.

I have also found that 8K works best.

Finally (and I precede it with the disclaimer that I have no vested interest in the product other than being a satisfied user), I recommend CoolEdit 2000 from Syntrillium Software (www.syntrillium.com) as an editor. It's a nice piece of shareware (less than $100 US) that lets you edit and convert (among many other tasks) WAV, MP3, and VOX files (among other formats). I've used it for 6 years, and have had NO problems with it it's a very solid product.

Marked as best answer by on October 03, 2024, 12:35:11 AM

Steve P

Music in VTO
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
  • Undo Best Answer
  • Kevin, Thanks for the tip on the coversion software it works great. Our music still sounds bad after we import it. I have tried several variations on the sampling rate and encoding, and the music still never plays right. Do you think our Dialogic card could have problems?

Kevin

Music in VTO
    « Reply #4 on: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM »
    Steve
    I sent you an email. I forgot to add what types of problems? Static? Not playing? Skipping?